Monday, April 18, 2011

A card for a child

Hi! I'm back posting this card I juts finished and I hope I'm still on time for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge "for a child."
I recently got several yummy stamps from Simon Says Stamp and the one I needed to stamp right away was this cute PB girl:



This is the 1st time I paper piercing but I got so inspired by Marit's video tutorial, from scrapalicious, that I needed to try this technique. I know it's so far from perfection but I enjoyed making it. I also tried, for the 1st time, using my sewing machine and as you can see, the stitches are not straight, lol. I know I need to keep practicing :)

I wondered how children in Japan should be feeling being displaced in shelters, having lost all their belongings or even worse, their relatives. So, the sentiment for this card needed to be optimistic and cheerful. If those kids know that the most important thing is what they treasure in their hearts, maybe they will feel a little bit better. That's my hope, at least.

I hope you like this card.

Bye now!

I am entering this card into the following challenge:
Simon Says Stamp

Materials:
paper: PTI, OA, MME
stamps: PB, PTI (sentiment)
die cutting: GC, Nestabilities, Cheery lynn, PTI
coloring: copic
other: woodgrain plate (pti), sewing machine, distressing ink, memento black,

3 comments:

  1. Gaby your card is absolutely gorgeous, that is such a sweet image, your paper piecing looks fabulous and I love how you've added the dimension.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our "card for a child challenge"
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautifully made card, Gaby! :o) Really incredible work!

    ReplyDelete